Author: Petrosani Children's Club
Quarterly magazine of the circle of electronic constructions and amateur radio
Coordinator: Prof. Kovacs Imre - YO2LTF
Did you know that..? On the territory of our country, amateur radio started to be practiced starting with 1926, when the first such club was founded, so that only in 1936 the "Association of Romanian Shortwave Amateurs" was established?
The structure of the magazine
1. Visiting YO5QAQ (Lorincz Carol Tiberiu)
I couldn't resist the temptation to contact him 145.500 MHz, on our friend YO5QAQ - Tibi. At the second call we were able to do a QSO on 2m, and we will meet for a coffee in his nearby QTH.
The discussion lasted several hours, during which we were able to admire the equipment characteristic of our common passion: amateur radio.
2. County competition
Details about "County contest of electronic constructions - Deva 2005" - Theoretical test.
3. Programmer for Motorola TRX stations
The diagram of a programmer for the transmission - reception stations of Motorola type is presented.
4. Radio frequency coils
The simplest have a cylindrical shape and a single layer. When the number of turns is small (5… 10) and the conductor is rigid, the winding can be done without the housing.
5. Why amateur radio?
Amateur radio is a hobby with many branches, which cannot be fully covered, but at least you have a choice:
- Amateur radiogoniometry (RGA) - popularly called "fox hunting" - an activity in which competitors, with the help of special receivers, look for some transmitters hidden in a field with vegetation.
- Speed telegraphy - telegraphy-hall contests are organized using Morse telegraphy;
There is also a classification of athletes (national champion, master of sports) made by FRR based on the results obtained at national and international competitions.
- QRP: construction and use of low-power transmitting-receiving devices (less than 5W);
- Satellites, EME and MS: Earth-Moon-Earth and Meteor Scatter: radio-links by reflection on the moon and swarms of meteorites;
- Antenna construction;
- Electronic constructions and programs;
- Research of new types of communication (new protocols, modulations);
- Technical creation contests.
- DX is the activity of making radio links with stations that are very far away or that have rare calls;
- Contest activity: There are a multitude of contests, national and international, almost weekly. The first places in competitions and championships receive diplomas and prizes offered by sponsors.
- Traffic - the usual activity to establish radio links, to confirm and receive QSLs.
- Finding and initiating in the secrets of electronics the potential future specialists in electronics and radiocommunications / telecommunications…
- What are the biggest cities in the world?
- What is the origin of the name Adelie?
- What is the largest continent?
- How did life end up on the islands?
- What is the effect of the Gulf Stream?
- What would happen if the ice melted?
- What is the fastest glacier in the world?
7. Wireless headphones
The device shown is a radio transmitter that receives an audio signal at the input from a music player, computer, etc. Power is supplied externally, from a battery or preferably a battery, with a voltage between 3 V and 12V. The transmission frequency can be adjusted in the range 70-150 MHz. For the reception, a mini pocket radio with headphones is used. The range is a few tens of meters, being sufficient for reception in several rooms…
If you want to collaborate with this magazine, please access the contact section on the last page of each publication.